PAWS for Reading promotes reading and communication skills by allowing children to read aloud to a registered therapy dog. Each child gets a special time to read and interact with one of these furry friends.
How to participate:
- Children must be 5-12 years old or able to read independently.
- Preregistration is required as each child will be given a specific time to read.
- Children should wait in designated area until it is their turn.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to observe from a nearby designated space.
- Please be gentle with our dog volunteers and follow the instructions of the person accompanying the dog and library staff.
- Parents/guardians may take pictures after the child reads, but we request that the reading experience be free of interruptions.
Each child who participated will receive a free book, provided by the Tulsa Library Trust. Ask your librarian about future PAWS for Reading events and other programs at your library.