Resources for Educators
The Tulsa City-County Library supports teachers and educators by offering resources, materials, year-round activities and collaboration opportunities. Every library location has a children’s librarian or associate on staff prepared to recommend books and resources, visit schools, and cooperate with educators to supplement and support curriculums. If you are a teacher and have questions about working with the Tulsa City-County Library, contact the children’s librarian or associate at your closest library location. You can also contact Marianne Stambaugh, Youth Services Manager, at .
- AWE Early Literacy Stations & Child Safe Browser
- Big Books – Available for Checkout
- Book Kits – Board Books
- Book Kits – Easy Picture Books
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Resources
- First Readers @ Tulsa City-County Library
- Krueger Read and Grow and Friends First Book
From Tulsa City-County Library:
- A-Z List of Databases
- Databases for Children
- New at the Library! – Picture Books, Kids Books, and Tween Reads
- Subject Guide for Education
- TCCL Kids webpage
- What We’re Reading! – Reviews from TCCL Librarians for Children
The Tulsa City-County Library collection is a perfect supplement to any classroom curriculum. An Educational Institution Card allows teachers to check out books for classroom use for 42 days, instead of the usual 14. Teachers/child care leaders must show verification of employment to be issued an Educational Institution card.
To get an Educational Institution Card, you may print the form below, complete it and return it with employment verification to any Tulsa City-County Library location. Call the library at 549-7323 with any questions.
- Application for an Educational Institution Library Card*
- Additionally you may apply for a card online.
The Tulsa City-County Library offers free, fun, and educational programming for children all year long. These programs are a natural supplement to curriculum for students of all ages. The Tulsa City-County Library works cooperatively with local educators on a number of our annual program.
- Anne V. Zarrow Award for Young Readers' Literature
- Books to Treasure
- Summer Reading Program
- What’s Happening at the Library!
The Tulsa City-County Library’s African American, American Indian, and Hispanic Resource Centers are wonderful resources for educators. Below are some of the online resources available through these resource centers that can be used in the classroom.